We provide tutorial help for catch up, consolidation and extension from Years 0-13. We also provide specific NCEA and Cambridge exam classes, where we can focus on subject specific requirements for individual students. Zest Education Centre is here primarily to help your child and you. Depending on the situation, our support may be temporary or ongoing
Specific Needs may include:
- Extension for gifted students
- Exam technique, preparation and successful study techniques
- Reluctant writers
- Support for increased school expectations and demands in Intermediate school (Years 7 and 8)
- Help with homework
- Irlen Syndrome (see below)
People with Irlen syndrome have sensitivity to certain light frequencies resulting in pattern confusion and pattern glare. Glasses with special filters can be fitted for those suffering from Irlen to improve clarity and comfort. An accurate diagnosis is essential. Symptoms may include low reading concentration, sore eyes and headaches, skipping of words/lines in reading and depth perception problems. For more details visit www.irlen.com or contact us now to book a screening session with Emily if you suspect your child is experiencing any of the above symptoms.
* Please note: Irlen screenings will cost $79.00 (including GST) + any additional resources that maybe required.
Zest Education Centre offers the “steps” programme to support students with dyslexic tendencies.